You ride a fatbike? You live in or near Minnesota? You don’t want to miss the Fatbike Frozen Forty. The Frozen 40 is only two weeks away. See all the details at Frozen40.com. Whether the weather is warm or cold, snow or no, the show will go on. We’ll either have a 40-mile endurance ride on singletrack (4 laps of 10 miles each means people can ride in teams or choose as many or few laps as they are comfortable with), or we’ll ride on the paved trail if the singletrack is closed due to thawing conditions. If we ride on the paved trail, we’ll open a race class and a recreational class. Either way, fun will be had.
What do you get out of this event? An amazingly strong prize to rider ratio. We’ll have prizes like Husker Du tires from sponsor 45Nrth, pogies from Bar Mitts, laser-etched “Frozen 40” glasses, Frozen 40 winter beanies, t-shirts & gear from various sponsors, Braaap Energy Bars, handmade caps from Cognition Caps, Surly beer and more! Believe it or not, right now it appears we have more prizes and swag to give away than we have registered riders to give them to.
Be sure to register today at Prerace.com, as you are almost sure to walk away with a cool prize, and you’ll get free beer, coffee, snacks, socializing, and fun riding either way. Your low registration fee ($20 until day before the event) is a great value, considering everything below. Here’s some cool things you can expect, and some notes about our amazing Fatbike Frozen Forty sponsors:
- Cool fatbikes to see and demo. Our “numero uno” and headlining sponsor is Twenty2 Cycles. Their motto, “Born, tested and perfected in the Colorado Rockies” describes their beautiful bikes, their philosophy, and their riding. Ben will be coming out to ride, talk fatbikes, meet riders, and talk about Twenty2 Cycles and fatbikes in general. He’ll be bringing 3 “Bully” fatbikes, the flagship fatbike of Twenty2 Cycles.
- Heated tent and grill-out. Whether you are coming to ride, supporting a friend/family member, just coming to take a look at what fatbikes or a fatbike ride is all about, or you want demo a bike and chat, you’ll be able to warm up in the heated registration and warm-up tent, generously provided by Platinum sponsor Trailhead Cycling and Fitness in Champlin, MN.
- Mechanical support. Both of our amazing bike shop sponsors, Trailhead Cycling and Fitness and Maple Grove Cycling will have mechanical support as necessary on site. If something mechanical happens during the race, you will have some help available to get back into the running.
- Food & beverages. If you’re riding the 40-mile event, you’ll need to bring whatever water and snacks you need to get you through. You’ll need to be mostly self-reliant, as everyone has their own preference for what it takes to get through an endurance ride/race. However, we’ll have some food and beverages, including coffee, hot chocolate and grill-out from Platinum sponsor Trailhead Cycling & Fitness.
- Beer. Yes, we know beer is technically a beverage. Surly beer, however, from local Surly Brewing Co. is more than a beer. It’s an experience. A revolution in memorable hops-based beverage delight. It’s lots of things, but in short, it’s damn good beer. So, the fact that Surly Brewing is a sponsor of the Fatbike Frozen Forty and we’ll have some of their beer there for post-ride enjoyment is amazing. Come out to the event, ride your tail off, and a Surly beer will await you and the finish line.
- Prizes and give-aways. As mentioned above, we’ve got some great prizes to give away. To highlight a few, we’ll have some swag from our primary sponsor Twenty2 Cycles. We’ll have pogies from Bar Mitts, swag from XXCMag.com, energy bars from Braaap Energy Bars, Frozen40.com winter hats, coffee to give away from Peace Coffee, and much more!
Low cost registration at PreRace.com. The registration fee is only $20, until the day before the event. It will be $30 on the 24th & at the event (on the 25th). If you don’t sign up before the day of the event, bring cash or check only, and be prepared to sign the waiver that everyone else had to sign in advance. Want an extra special deal? If you and a friend register together and contact us to let us know in advance, you can each get 1/2 price registration (register for $10 each), until February 24th.
Right now, this is a fatbike-only event. However, we encourage other riders to come out to be part of the fun, demo a fatbike, talk fatbikes, or just encourage the riders who are going to try to log 40-miles on a fatbike in a short one-day event. We’ve got riders coming from Colorado, Sioux Falls, Brainerd, St. Cloud and elsewhere, so it’s an event worth travelling for! Come out and check it out!